Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Album Review: Cole World Has Finally Arrived




I know I said in my previous post that a true fan of Cole would wait until the album the album drops to listen but I couldn't help. I blame YouTube and their related and recommended videos. Cole World showed up as soon as I logged into YouTube. I shook my head as I clicked on the link. It blew my mind and I grinned; Cole World you did not disappoint me. The production is beautiful especially if it's blasting from the speakers. I could tell Cole has improved and I'm so proud of him. Production wise my favorite song is Rise and Shine. Lyrically, my favorite top songs starting at number seven: Cole World, Sideline Story, Nobody's Perfect, Breakdown, Daddy's Little Girl(actually not on the album), and Rise and Shine.

Punch Lines For Top Seven Songs 

7.  Cole World

Punch Lines

I see my sh*t all in your sh*t, we call that imitation
And they say that's flattering, but I ain't flattered at all.

I got the type of shit that make a hater say sorry
B*tch, I made this in the crib, watchin' Belly
Eatin' peanut butter jelly, what the f*ck the niggas tell me
They say I'm takin' long, I tell em patience is a virtue
I'm goin' all out and b*tch I never had a curfew.

Rappers show me love, I wonder what it could be
I think they scared of me, and they should be


Review
The slow tempo intro and speeding up to the chorus really drives the song. It's sounds like it could be a song in a cypher but it's more low key. The song opens with J. Cole appreciating the love from fans and his success of finally completely the album by saying "I think it's gonna be a hell of a night, a hell of a night. So we could do whatever you like"Cole addresses his career as an artist and gaining his respect from other rappers. He talk about peers pressuring him to hurry up with the album. His reply to peers urgency is patience is a virtue. Cole also addresses rappers copying him and says he is not flattered at their imitation.

6. Sideline Story 

Punch Lines

I put my heart and soul in this game, I'm feelin' drained
Unappreciated, unalleviated
Tired of comin' up short, f*ck abbreviate

Lookin' at rappers like "what the f*ck you got a deal for?! "
When I was assed out with my funds low
It's nice to know I had the whole world at my front door

And my lines is designed from the heart
Young Simba been a lion from the start


Review



Cole continues the basketball theme with "Sideline Story." Cole dicusses the complications of trying to make it off the bench and get into the game. He talks about the urgency of making it in the business and peoples doubting his goals. The song is mellow with pianos and drums. Cole has several stories in this record but the flow so well. 

I will finish the album review soon but check out the video below!

Love 
The "Cole Album Happy" Phoenix

J. Cole's Official Review Track By Track




Follow Me On Twitter: 91WriterzStatus
YouTube: 91WriterzStatus
Comment Rate Subscribe and Reply!
Check Out: declaremagazine.com/











No comments:

Post a Comment