If you're trying to incorporate more dark green leafy vegetables, then there's nothing better than making a fresh salad. The best thing about salad is it's quick and easy but most importantly the recipes are versatile. You can make it spicy, crisp, sweet sour and healthy. When I make salad I like to make it crisp, crunchy, and slightly sour. First purchase a bagged mixed plain salad, preferable organic along with organic baby spinach. The mixed salad and spinach I use is Earthbound Farm. Earthbound Farm is the only company I noticed that sells organic salads in Florida grocery stores such as Publix.
1. First, wash the mixed salad and spinach together. It would be best to wash it with Veggie Wash for an alternative from vinegar. When washing vegetables with Veggie Wash spray the wash and wait about 30 seconds before thoroughly washing vegetables
2. After, thoroughly washing place mixed salad and spinach in the salad bowl along with sliced carrots, cucumbers, green peppers, red onions, and drops of lemon.
3. Then, mix all ingredients in salad bowl until all vegetables are equally distributed within the bowl.
4. Add sprinkles of Bragg's 24 Seasonings.
5. If salad is being served immediately then add two tablespoons of ACV(Apple Cider Vinegar) preferable the Bragg brand. Bragg brand can be purchased at Whole Foods.
6. After Bragg's ACV then add Pompeian's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
7. Next, thoroughly mix Pompeian Olive Oil with ACV in the salad bowl.
8. Your fresh salad is ready to be served with a crunchy, crisp, zing to it