Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Food Allergies and DC Living

It's my last week on DC; I leave on Friday to head back to Orlando, Fl. I find it interesting the level of food allergy awareness in this city, it's intriguing. I have noticed organic dry cleaners everywhere and gluten free seems to pop up on every food menu. 

While dinning at a Cuban restaurant the waiter ask does anyone have food allergies. I am always hesitate when eating at restaurant because the choices tend to dwindle when you're basically allergic to everything and your allergy test is five pages long including trees on the list. I end up eating salads and I watch others eat flavorful meals with sauces. 

It seems as though the food industry is changing and allergies are becoming an epidemic in a lot of children. One in 13 children have a food allergy and the numbers are rising according to an NPR's Buffalo Station. There are numerous vegan restaurants and I found an organic chinese food place near Woodley Park Metro. 

There is hope for people with severe food allergies and that we can eat like everyone else and order foods that are tasteful with desserts that taste yummy without wheat. A vegan/vegetarian place in Columbia Heights has delicious cupcakes that didn't make me breakout in and turn my stomach in knots with harsh pain. I've blogged about this place before, Sticky Fingers bakery. 

If you're planning a trip to DC and you're worried about food allergies or seasonal allergies. Yes, I have those too. It will not be a hassle. As, I said I have seasonal allergies with a list of trees I'm allerguc to and grass. I had one day when my nose was running and itchy and it wasn't as bad as watery eyes when I was younger. One day out of two months I was here, I'll call it success.

If you have questions about eczema or food allergies do not hesitate on contacting me. I'm twenty-two years old and I've manever some lifestyles changes that will help.


Love,
 The "Allergic"Phoenix                                

 Follow Me On Twitter: 91WriterzStatus
YouTube: 91WriterzStatus
Comment, Rate, Follow and Reply!



No comments:

Post a Comment