Thursday, May 16, 2013

DC Journalist

As I packed up everything to go back home before I leave for my internship in DC, I felt fear. I will be interning in DC for two months at the American Public Health Association as a communications intern. This internship is great for me because I'm interested in health. Health has become something very vital to me because of my background. I was born premature and I have food allergies, eczema and seasonal allergies. Staying heathy is something I deal with daily. So, to incorporate health issues with my career is really a dream come true.

 I'm fearful because I've only been to DC once yet I'm excited to explore my career and test my limits as a journalist. This is a big step for me because this will be a life changing experience. I don't know what to expect. I haven't been this anxious in a while. It feels weird when I tell people where I'm interning because I can't believe it myself. I am really grateful for this opportunity for immense growth. May I achieve a stronger work ethic, curiosity, connections, life lessons. May I become a better journalist. I will post a weekly update every Friday. Wish me luck!

Love,

       The "Adventurous" Phoenix



   Follow Me On Twitter: 91WriterzStatus

YouTube: 91WriterzStatus
Comment Rate Subscribe and Reply!

No comments:

Post a Comment